Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Asking for help

I've always had a hard time asking for help. Not sure if it is a pride issue, or a "stubborn to a fault, I can do it myself" mentality. My hubs would say the second. Pot meet kettle.
 
Recently this "not asking" thing was squashed! Hurray! I truly am stubborn, which we are seeing this characteristic in our Dude. In the early evening, or like Dr. Sheldon Cooper says "preevening", we were playing in our front yard, where he kept wanting to walk in to the road (Um, not gonna happen lil dude! Sorry!) and every time my husband would take his hand to lead him back on to the lawn, he would shriek and fuss like no other! Oh, this is a glimpse of things to come. **Hides now**
 
Teachers in school advise that if we do not know something or need assistance- ASK. Why is this so hard for adults to implement in to their lives?? We all must be pigheaded to a certain extent.
 
- - - - -
 
A few days ago I was having a bizarre day where it felt my skin would explode and my insides would ooze out in a gelationous mess. Truly thought I was going to burst in a violent, messy, and extreme sort of way. Frustration was taking over and my thoughts were rambling together and my body was not cooperating in keeping my movements from looking like I was a robot and my "tin-man joints needed oiling". Truly frustrating.
 
Our son has stopped napping lately so my brain has become mush and marshmallow fluff in my skull. AND! Aha, my body has forsaken the desire to FALL ASLEEP until 1:30am! Argh! It must be a woman thing since my hubs can fall asleep within MINUTES of making contact with his pillow. My brain however is on HYPERDRIVE when I lie down. Worry, mental list of things not accomplished that day & what will need to be done the next day, what bills need to be paid, praying for my family and loved ones, analyzing life in general: Where is the dang "OFF" button for my brain??! 
 
- - - - -
 
Do you have a problem asking for help? Do you have any tips for shutting your brain up at night??

1 comment:

  1. Um, yes..... I really have problems asking for help! Plus, Buckaroo has given up his nap, too. And! I rarely go to sleep before midnight anymore. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete