Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Mayhem

Today is Monday, and from a SAHM perspective....it doesn't really matter. And since my Hubs works retail, the "Monday" doesn't mark the new week.

I've been thinking a lot lately about friendships. I've met a handful of wonderful people through the Corgi Networks, some of whom are nicer/more interested in my well being and my life happenings than my "friends".

One of my longest friends had their birthday yesterday. It's been almost two years since I've seen her. She hasn't met The Dude. During an important time in my life, she wasn't there. When I was sicker than I thought possible there weren't any words of care or concern. I suffered with hyperemesis my whole pregnancy. It subsided a great deal once I got to the 4 month mark, but didn't entirely let up. I lost 36lbs my first trimester. For the remaining time of my pregnancy, I still had "morning sickness" throughout the day for about an hour and a half in the morning and before bed with some sickness thrown into my day just to keep me on my toes.

It seems the people we count so closely as "friends" that once they hear something "scary or that they cannot process/handle" that they run/cut you out of their lives. I went through an incredibly difficult time in August 2010. Counseling was sought and things were resolved. If I got through it/past it then I don't understand how my "friends" couldn't.

Lately, I've become slightly introverted since having the Dude. One of my closest friends/person I enjoy hanging out with as of late I met at her place of work (Target). She seems more interested in my life and the life of my Hubs and The Dude than these people who are supposed to be there.

Life has taught me that certain people will always be a part of your life, so long as each person is committed to maintaining a friendship. Others just sort of "bow out" and you both go your separate ways while still maintaining a "FaceBook" friendship to, at each others convenience, check in on each others lives, maybe "like" a status update or to post a silly comment on a photo. And yet still we meet people who we immediately click with and it feels like they've been there the entire time. I've been fortunate enough to have a handful of friends who understand that life happens; we get busy, work, family, LIFE happens. They make me feel privileged to share their friendship. Coming to the conclusion that these other friends are just in different places. Maybe we will cross paths again down the road, but it is time that I start focusing on those who WANT to maintain vs. those who do out of "obligation".

This is not the NORM post, I just have some things I needed to get off my chest.

Every day I am thankful for My Husband, My Son, My Mother, Father and Sister, and my In Laws. As well as the few people I feel lucky enough to count as my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment